Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Kira Adventures Begin!

Hello there! 

My name is Kira Bursky. I am 16, have long hair, eat chocolate as much as I drink water and go crazy every time I hear anyone who uses the phrase "the bees knees." I am a filmmaker and a songwriter. I want to make films and write songs that are reminiscent of circuses, childhood, imagination, growing up, magic, food, eternal friendships, and forbidden love. And other curious things naturally.

I frequently and consistently find myself being caught in the act of creating my own words. For instance, I used to use the word "expansious" almost on a daily basis. "Oh, that sky is just so beautiful and expansious!" Alas, one day my film teacher said: "Kira, expansious is not a word" to which we discovered that for my whole life I had used this self-created word in replacement of the word expansive. I'm still in denial.

My shallow celebrity crushes are probably Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, and Johnny Depp. My biggest inspirations are Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Jan Svankmajer, Maurice Sendak, and Yann Tiersen. I have fallen in love before. I shall fall in love again. I love love. My dream is to meet someone who becomes my eternal best friend and lover. I want us to grow old together, to take care of each other, to have two person dance parties, to love each other, and then to open a chocolate and tea shop in Australia when we are old with frail backs.

Some random Kira facts: I am learning the accordion. I secretly am training myself to be a mime. I love food and tea and purple and red and hugs. So much. Certain flavors make me go crazy (in the best way imaginable). I especially enjoy coconut, cinnamon, lavender, and cilantro. Indian food is... well, the bees knees.

I am creating this blog in order to document my filmmakin', song writin', life-livin' journeys and adventures.

Today is the first shooting day of my junior thesis film "Girly." I have been working on it for the past few months and cannot believe that today is the day! Check out the set!:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Setting up the clock wall:

 

 Assistant Director, actress playing Girly, me, actor playing Benny, and Production Designer!

Feel free to ask me any questions about my films, songs, life, whatever!

Shooting in 20 minutes...

Let the adventure begin!

2 comments:

  1. Looking for opportunities to join Pak Navy? Then ease your tensions as you can find all the latest job opportunities in Pak Navy Jobs here at Latest Jobs In Pak Navy 2020

    ReplyDelete
  2. we offer exclusive offer on Software Engineering Assignment Help for students who are willing to get high grades in their exams.

    ReplyDelete