Monday, June 17, 2013

Here comes 48 hours of fun!

Heya! It's been quite a bit since I last posted something, so let me update you on a few things.

Firstly, I finished my thesis, had three premiere screenings of it on campus, and am now in the process of submitting it to festivals. If you're curious with how it turned out, here's the link:
http://vimeo.com/67184934

Secondly, I've been obsessed with music composition for the past few weeks. My roommate gave me a ukelele so I've been doing a lot of composing with it. I think in the past week alone I've done more than 10 songs / compositions. I now have enough complete songs to make 2 albums... crazy to think about. Also, my friend Dave and I have been working on our album "Far Inside." Still trying to come up with a band name. Apparently "The Runaways" is already taken... darn. We'll come up with something!

And now for the meat of this post: this weekend is the Asheville 48 hour film festival! Wooo yeah!  This will be my 4th year in a row competing. 2 years ago I won best director and best sound design, and last year I won for best makeup and best actress. I made it a goal of mine to continue competing until I win best film. Kind of a terribly hard goal to accomplish, but hey, at least I'll make a lot of movies.

Here is the film I did last year: Sleepyhead: Asheville 48 Hour Film

For the past month I have been doing all I can do prior to the event: finding a crew, finding actors, and securing locations. The thing about this competition is that you have no idea what genre your film will be until the start of the 48 hours. I've had the genres of time travel movie, detective/cop, and horror. This year my top choice would probably have to be "buddy film" because it basically encompasses all genres- the only guideline being that there has to be two friends.

My crew is basically the same as it has been for the past two years, except a few new additions (and a few subtractions... :( ).
Us five in 2011 (director Kira, sound Byrd, cinematographer Kali, gaffer Wayne, and AD Sam) have stuck together- this will be our 3rd 48 hour film, and our 4th film as a crew.

Lady power of the team. (the girl on the right won best actress! go Aislin!)

Setting up the shot with smiles on faces.

So wish my team luck this weekend! I'm nervous and excited as I am every time I compete in this. Ta ta for now lovely reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment